Reference code(s): GB 0074 P84/PET1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, CRANLEY GARDENS: CRANLEY GARDENS, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.21 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Cranley Gardens | Church of England
Saint Peter's Church was consecrated in June 1867, having been privately built and endowed by C.J. Freake, a local developer, whose family thereafter held the patronage of the benefice. A parish was assigned to the church in July 1867 out of the parish of Saint Mary the Boltons, Kensington.
By an Order in Council of December 1972 Saint Peter's was declared redundant with the intention that the building be leased to the Armenian Orthodox Church. Anglican services ceased in January 1973. The parish was reabsorbed into Saint Mary the Boltons, which became known as Saint Mary with Saint Peter, Kensington.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of St Peter, Cranley Gardens, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and burial services; records relating to staff; papers regarding the benefice; Churchwardens' records; papers relating to the church fabric including faculties; financial records; papers of the Parochial Church Council; papers relating to parish charities and societies; parish magazines; and papers regarding parish boundaries.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St Peter deposited on 21 February 1983, 19 February 1985 and 9 January 1986. Additional records deposited on 12 August 1994.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.