Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/MGT2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARGARET MOSES: CITY OF LONDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.59 linear metres (113 production units).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Saint Margaret Moses, City of London | Church of England
The parish church of Saint Margaret Moses, Friday Street, was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666; and the parish was united to the parish of Saint Mildred Bread Street in 1670. The parish church of Saint Mildred Bread Street was destroyed by enemy action in 1941. Both parishes are now part of the united benefice of Saint Mary le Bow.
Scope and content/abstract:
The records of the parish of Saint Margaret Moses include parish registers (baptisms, marriages, burials) from 1558, churchwardens' accounts from 1547, Vestry minutes from 1716 and poor rate assessments from 1876.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The catalogue has been arranged in sections each with an archival classification code as follows: A Parish registers; B Vestry and parish officers; C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists; D Charities and estates.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The surviving archives of both parishes and of the united parishes have been deposited in Guildhall Library at various dates since the 1930s. The most recent deposit was in 2006. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
In 1891, administration of the charitable gifts and bequests of St Mary le Bow, St Pancras Soper Lane and All Hallows Honey Lane was transferred to the City Parochial Foundation. Deeds relating to these gifts and bequests (St Mary le Bow, 1668-1799); St Pancras Soper Lane, 1671-1778; All Hallows Honey Lane, 1669) have been deposited amongst the records of the City Parochial Foundation [Ms 23737/5, 78-79, 125].
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.