Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/ANS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT ANSELM, KENNINGTON CROSS: LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.33 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Anselm, Kennington | Church of England
Saint Anselm's parish was established in 1901. The first church was a small building in the form of a hall with a church above. A new church was constructed on an adjacent site, completed by 1933. In 1973 Saint Anselm's became the parish church of the new Parish of North Lambeth (Team Ministry) which comprised the former parishes of Saint Anselm, Kennington Cross, Saint Mary at Lambeth and Saint Philip, Kennington Park Road.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Anselm, Kennington Cross, including registers of baptisms and marriages; church services registers; inventories; papers relating to parish mergers; records of the Kennington Slate Club; photographs; papers relating to the church buildings including plans and correspondence; Parochial Church Council minutes; administrative papers; financial records; papers of the Lambeth Deanery Organisation; papers of the Lady Margaret Hall Settlement; and papers relating to other parish charities.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in 1977.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.