Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/MRK
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARK, REGENT'S PARK: PRINCE ALBERT ROAD, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.61 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mark, Regent's Park | Church of England
Saint Mark's was built in 1851-52, the money being raised by subscription and the site given by the architect Thomas Little. A new chancel was later added by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Saint Mark's was burnt by an incendiary bomb on 21 September 1940 but was subsequently restored.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mark, Prince Albert Road, Regent's Park, including registers of baptisms and marriages; papers relating to parish boundaries; Parochial Church Council minutes; citations and faculties for maintenance of the church; plans of the church interior; statistics relating to parish work; and parish magazine.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1966.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.