Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/PAU2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PAUL, UPPER HOLLOWAY: KINGSDOWN ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.31 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Upper Holloway | Church of England
Saint Paul's was constructed in 1870 and a parish was assigned in the same year. The church was damaged by enemy action in September 1940 and services were subsequently held at Saint Mark's Tollington Park and in Saint Paul's Parish Hall. The parish was united with Saint Saviour's, Stroud Green in 1953. The church building was demolished.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Upper Holloway, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns, and confirmations; registers of church services; minutes of the Church Building Committee; financial accounts; minutes of the Vestry and Parochial Church Council; papers relating to the parish school; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St. Paul's Church, Upper Holloway, Islington deposited by the incumbent of St. Saviour with St. Paul in the Greater London Record Office, 14 September 1983.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.