Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/TMS1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT THOMAS, ISLINGTON: HEMINGFORD ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.62 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Thomas, Islington | Church of England
The parish of Saint Thomas was formed in 1862 from parts of the parishes of Saint Andrew, Thornhill Square, and Holy Trinity. The church had been constructed in 1860, built in the Decorated style to designs by A. Billing. In 1953 the parish was united with Saint Andrew and the church was closed and demolished.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Thomas, Hemingford Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; and a parish magazine.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Vicar in September 1967 and December 1979.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.