Reference code(s): GB 0074 P92/AGN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT AGNES, SOUTHWARK: KENNINGTON PARK, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.64 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Agnes, Kennington Park | Church of England
Saint Agnes was constructed in 1874-1875, designed by George Gilbert Scott in the Gothic Revival style. It was severely damaged in the Second World War and it was necessary to demolish the building. A new church was constructed in 1956 by architect Ralph Covell.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Agnes, Kennington Park, Southwark, including registers of baptisms and marriages; church services registers; financial records; Parochial Church Council minutes; records of the Guild of the Ascension and the Burial Guild; parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the vicar in the Greater London Record Office, 26 May 1981.
See the Diocese of Southwark website http://www.southwark.anglican.org/parishes/ for more information (accessed May 2010).
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.