Reference code(s): GB 0074 P92/ALL1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, WALWORTH: SURREY SQUARE, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.74 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Walworth | Church of England
All Saints was constructed in 1864-65 to the designs of R. Parris and S. Field. The church was damaged by bombing during the Second World War and replaced by a new building, consecrated in 1959 and designed by N.F. Cachemaille-Day. The parish was merged with Saint Stephen, Walworth Common, which was also demolished after bombing during the War.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Saints, Surrey Square, Walworth, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; registers of preachers; financial records; correspondence, faculties and plans relating to maintenance work on the church building, parsonage and the church hall; records of All Saints National School; map of the parish.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1953, August 1955, September 1973 and June 1989.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.