Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/PET2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, STREATHAM: LEIGHAM COURT ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.94 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Streatham | Church of England
The church was consecrated in 1870. The architect was R.W. Drew, and the building was completed by G.F. Prynne. The parish was formed out of part of the ancient parish of Saint Leonard, Streatham (P95/LEN). The Patron of Saint Peter's Streatham is Saint Stephen's House, Oxford.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Leigham Court Road, Streatham, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations and church services; maps of the parish showing parish boundary changes; faculties, plans and correspondence regarding the maintenance of church buildings; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; financial accounts; administrative documents; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1997.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.