Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/PET1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, DARTMOUTH PARK HILL: DARTMOUTH PARK HILL, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.69 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Dartmouth Park Hill | Church of England
Saint Peter's Church was originally known as Saint Peter's Highgate Hill. The church was opened on 15 November 1874 and a parish was created out of the parish of Saint John, Upper Holloway in December 1880. In 1978 Saint Peter's was united with Saint John's to become the parish of Saint Peter with Saint John, Upper Holloway.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Dartmouth Park Hill, Islington, including registers of baptisms and marriages; church service registers; papers of the Sunday school; Churchwardens' accounts; Church Building Committee minutes; Parochial Church Council minutes; annual reports; parish magazines; papers relating to the benefice; papers relating to parochial charities and the church school.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records (P83/PET1/1-256) of St Peter's Church, Dartmouth Park Hill, Upper Holloway formerly known as St Peter, Highgate Hill, deposited in the Greater London Record Office by the vicar, 26 January 1981. Further records (P83/PET1/257-380) of St Peter's Church, Dartmouth Park Hill, Upper Holloway (formerly known as St Peter's, Highgate Hill) deposited by the Vicar in the Greater London Record Office on 31 July 1981.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.