Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/PET2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, ISLINGTON: DEVONIA ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 4.55 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Islington | Church of England
The parish of Saint Peter was established in 1839, and enlarged in 1858. The church was built in 1834-35, designed by Charles Barry. The parish merged with Saint James, Prebend Street in 1982 and the church was closed.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Devonia Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms. marriages and banns; church services registers; orders of service; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; general correspondence; papers relating to parish boundaries; records relating to the constructions and maintenance of church buildings including faculties; papers relating to the mission hall; financial accounts; papers relating to parish societies; legal papers relating to parish properties, such as deeds; parish magazines; photographs and newspaper cuttings.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1983 and 1986.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.