Reference code(s): GB 0074 P90/PAU
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PAUL, SAINT PANCRAS: CAMDEN SQUARE, CAMDEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.5 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, St Pancras | Church of England
Saint Paul's was built between 1847-1849 on ground given by the Marquess of Camden. The architects were F.W. Ordish and J. Johnson. It was a large-aisled church in stone with transepts and a tall western tower and spire, all in the decorated style. Owing to bomb damage sustained during the Second World War it was demolished in 1949, with the exception of the tower, spire and parish hall. A hall was built in the 1970s to act as both church and parish hall.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Camden Square, St Pancras; including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; registers of church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council; papers relating to church societies; and general accounts ledgers.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in February 1995.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.