Reference code(s): GB 0074 P69/ALH8
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL HALLOWS THE LESS: CITY OF LONDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.09 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Hallows the Less, City of London | Church of England
The church of All Hallows the Less, first mentioned in 1216, stood over the gateway to a large house on Upper Thames Street. It was burnt in the Great Fire, and the parish was united to All Hallows the Great (P69/ALH7) in 1670.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Hallows the Less, Upper Thames Street, City of London, including parish registers (baptisms, marriages and burials) from 1558; Vestry minute books; Churchwardens' accounts; Overseers' book of receipts and payments; apportionment of tithe rent charges and poor rate assessment books. Some of these records are for joint meetings with the Vestry of All Hallows the Great.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The catalogue has been arranged in sections each with a code as follows: A Parish registers; B Vestry and parish officers; C Rate assessments and inhabitants lists; D Charities and estates; E Parish schools.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The archives of the united parishes of Saint Michael Paternoster Royal have been deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library at various dates. The most recent deposit was in 1991. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
United under St Michael Paternoster Royal (P69/MIC5) with St. Martin Vintry (P69/MTN5), All Hallows the Great (P69/ALH7). In 1891, the administration of the charitable gifts and bequests of St Michael Paternoster with St Martin Vintry was transferred to the City Parochial Foundation. Deeds relating to these gifts and bequests (1648-1854) have been deposited amongst the records of the City Parochial Foundation [Ms 23737/75-76].
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.