Reference code(s): GB 0074 P84/BAN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, KENSINGTON: ADDISON ROAD, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.56 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, Kensington | Church of England
In 1825 the Vestry of Kensington decided to build a new church in Brompton and a new chapel in the western part of Kensington. Saint Barnabas' was consecrated in 1829 and designated a chapel of ease to Saint Mary Abbots. In 1842 a district chapelry was assigned to it and this became a parish in 1856.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, Addison Road, Kensington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, confirmations and church services; annual reports; Financial Committee books; Parochial Church Council minutes and papers; records of St Barnabas' and St Philip's School; parish magazines and other publications including a history.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records of St Barnabas' Church deposited by the Vicar, 29 September 1980.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.