Reference code(s): GB 0074 P88/LUK
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT LUKE, MILLWALL: WEST FERRY ROAD, ISLE OF DOGS, TOWER HAMLETS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.92 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Luke, Isle of Dogs | Church of England
The church of Saint Luke originated in a mission established in the parish of Christ Church, Isle of Dogs (P88/CTC). A permanent church, served by two curates, was constructed by 1870, with a mission hall added in 1883. The building was damaged during the Second World War and subsequently demolished. A new chapel was constructed in the 1960's. The parish was united with Christ Church and Saint John, Cubitt Town (P88/JN) in 1952.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Luke, West Ferry Road, Isle of Dogs, comprising registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and church services.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records P88/LUK/1-13 were deposited in 1974; records P88/LUK/14-18 were deposited in 1989.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.