Reference code(s): GB 0074 P89/PAU2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PAUL, LISSON GROVE: ROSSMORE ROAD, WESTMINSTER
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.34 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Lisson Grove | Church of England
Saint Paul's Church was built by voluntary contributions as Saint Paul's Chapel in 1837-1838 soon after the closure of the Bentinck Chapel in Lisson Street. It was consecrated in 1838 and was assigned a district. The solemnization of baptisms was authorised in 1838 and that of marriages in 1860.
After the Second World War, Saint Paul's parish was united with Emmanuel, Maida Hill (P89/EMM), and Saint Matthew, Maida Hill (P89/MTW), to form the parish of Saint Paul with Saint Matthew and Emmanuel. In 1971 the parish was united with Christ Church, Cosway Street (P89/CTC). Saint Paul's Church became one of the parish churches of the parish of Christ Church and Saint Paul, St Marylebone, until it was closed in September 1977.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Paul, Rossmore Road, Lisson Grove, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; church services registers; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records P89/PAU2/1-44 deposited by the Rector of Christ Church in Westminster City Libraries Archives Department, Marylebone Library, in 1971 and transferred to the Greater London Record Office, 18 April 1980. Additional records deposited by the Rector of Christ Church in the Greater London Record Office, 17 December 1981. Records P89/PAU2/45-47 of St Paul deposited in the Greater London Record Office, 6 December 1983. Record P89/PAU2/48 deposited by Deaconess Williams, 29 February 1984.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.