Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/PHI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PHILIP, LAMBETH: KENNINGTON ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.03 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Philip, Lambeth | Church of England
The church of Saint Philip, Kennington Road, Lambeth, was constructed in 1863 to designs by Henry Edward Coe. It was paid for from a fund opened to commemorate the deliverance of the area from cholera.
From: Survey of London: volume 23: Lambeth: South Bank and Vauxhall (1951), pp. 128-136.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Philip, Kennington Road, Lambeth; including registers of baptisms, marriages and confirmations; registers of church services; electoral roll; Parochial Church Council minute books; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Rector in October 1974.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.