Reference code(s): GB 0074 P84/TRI1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, LATIMER ROAD: LATIMER ROAD, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.83 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Latimer Road, Kensington | Church of England
The parish of Holy Trinity, Latimer Road, was formed in 1882. Standing on land belonging to Hammersmith, the large broad-fronted red-brick church by Norman Shaw has one vast Decorated window, no tower, no aisles, and no transepts - it is just a very large hall with a painted wagon roof.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Latimer Road, Kensington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriages, confirmations, and church services; staff records; sequestration records; faculties and citations; inventories and insurance policies.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the London County Record Office on 14 June 1963. Additional parish records deposited by the vicar on 16 November 1981.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.