Reference code(s): GB 0074 P85/BAN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT BARNABAS, SOUTH LAMBETH: GUILDFORD ROAD, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.31 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Barnabas, South Lambeth | Church of England
The foundation stone of Saint Barnabas was laid in July 1848, and the church was consecrated in 1850. The architects were Isaac Clarke and James Humphrys. After the church was declared redundant baptisms were entered in the registers of All Saints, South Lambeth.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Barnabas, South Lambeth, including registers of baptisms, marriages and confirmations; registers of church services; Parochial Church Council minutes; minutes of the Joint Council of All Saints and Saint Barnabas; financial accounts; and registers of baptisms at Saint Silas Mission Church, Dawlish Street.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Vicar, 14 June 1954.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.