Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/TRI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, ISLINGTON: CLOUDESLEY SQUARE, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.52 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Islington | Church of England
The site of Holy Trinity church was donated by the Stonefields Charity Estate, and the building was constructed between 1826 and 1829 to designs by Sir Charles Barry. A parish was assigned in 1830, taken from the parish of Saint Mary's, Islington. Parts of the parish were later assigned to other churches: All Saints, Caledonian Road, in 1839; Saint Andrew, Thornhill Square, in 1854 and Saint Thomas, Barnsbury, in 1862. The parish was joined with Saint Andrew's, Thornhill Square, in 1980 and the church was sold to the Celestial Church of Christ.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Cloudesley Square, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials and confirmations; Church services registers; records relating to staff; papers relating to parish boundaries and pastoral reorganisation; papers relating to the benefice; papers regarding the maintenance of the Church fabric and the Parish hall; financial records; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; papers relating to Holy Trinity School; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in the Greater London Record Office, formerly County Hall, London SE1, 27 Mar 1968. Additional parish records of Holy Trinity, Cloudesley Square, Islington, deposited by the Vicar of St Andrew, Thornhill Square, with Holy Trinity, in the Greater London Record Office, 11 December 1979. Additional register of Holy Trinity Church, Cloudesley Square, Islington deposited by theVicar of St Andrew's, Thornhill Square, Islington in the Greater London Record Office 8 June 1982.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.