Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/EMM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EMMANUEL, PADDINGTON: HARROW ROAD, WESTMINSTER
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.13 linear metres (102 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Emmanuel, Paddington | Church of England
Emmanuel parish was formed out of parts of the parishes of Saint Peter, Elgin Avenue, Westminster (P87/PET) and Saint Jude, Lancefield Street, Kensal Green (P87/JUD). The church was built in 1885-86, designed by John Thomas Lee.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Emmanuel, Harrow Road, Paddington, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; registers of church services; orders of service; plans of the parish; papers relating to the benefice and the glebe; papers relating to church buildings including the church, vicarage and church hall; financial records; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the vicar on 10 April 1989, 17 July 1989 and 8 August 1989.
For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.