Reference code(s): GB 0074 P91/AUG
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT AUGUSTINE, HAGGERSTON: YORKTON STREET, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.75 linear metres (115 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Augustine, Haggerston | Church of England
Saint Augustine's was constructed in 1866-67 to designs by H. Woodyer. A district had been assigned in 1863. The parish of Saint Augustine was united with Saint Stephen's, Haggerston, in 1953. Saint Augustine's became the parish church of the united benefice.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Augustine, Haggerston, including registers of baptisms and marriages; church services registers; faculties; Parochial Church Council minutes; parish magazines; orders of service; photographs; annual financial accounts; and pamphlet St. Augustine's Haggerston by H.A. Wilson.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1971, 1974 and 1979.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.