Reference code(s): GB 0074 P91/AND
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT ANDREW, HOXTON: CANAL ROAD, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.80 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Andrew, Hoxton | Church of England
The parish of Saint Andrew, Hoxton, was established in 1863. It was united with the parish of Saint Anne with Saint Saviour on the 12th February 1953; and the church was demolished.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Andrew, Hoxton, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns, church services and preachers; papers relating to the benefice; faculties and plans for alterations to the church fabric; financial accounts; and Easter Vestry and Church Meeting minute book.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in June 1981.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.