Reference code(s): GB 0074 P91/TRI
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, HOXTON: BLETCHLEY STREET, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 3.18 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Hoxton | Church of England
Holy Trinity was established in 1848 in Church Street (later renamed Trinity Street, then Shepherdess Walk). In 1953 Holy Trinity was united with Saint Mary, Hoxton (the church had been bombed during the Second World War) to form Holy Trinity with Saint Mary.
In 2005 Holy Trinity was in the Deanery of Hackney, under the Area Bishop of Stepney, in the Diocese of London.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Holy Trinity, Bletchley Street, Hoxton, including registers of baptisms, marriages, and banns; registers of church services and preachers; notices books; orders of service; financial accounts; Parochial Church Council minutes; parish magazines; news sheets and newsletters; photographs; papers of the parish school and the Sunday School; and papers of other church societies.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are open to public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to closure periods.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in November 1983 and March and June 1996.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.