Reference code(s): GB 0074 P95/ALL3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, PUTNEY COMMON: PUTNEY COMMON, WANDSWORTH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.07 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Putney Common | Church of England
All Saints was founded in 1868. Construction was complete by 1874. The church was designed by architect George Street and designers Sir Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris, who designed the stained glass windows. After Saint Mary's, Putney (P95/MRY1) was damaged in an arson attack in 1973, All Saints became the main church in the parish. Since 2003 the parish of Putney has been a Team Ministry, and Saint Mary's and All Saints operate separately within the parish.
For more information see: http://www.allsaintsputney.co.uk/ (accessed May 2010).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of All Saints, Putney Common, comprising faculties relating to building work at the church.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in the Greater London Record Office, 21 May 1979.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.