Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/JNB
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JOHN THE BAPTIST, ISLINGTON: CLEVELAND ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.83 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John the Baptist, Islington | Church of England
The church of Saint John the Baptist was constructed between 1871 and 1872, designed by William Wigginton. A parish was assigned in 1873. The building was damaged by enemy action in 1940 and services were moved to the church hall. The church was declared redundant in 1971 and was demolished in 1981.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint John the Baptist, Cleveland Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages and confirmations; registers of church services and minute books of the Parochial Church Council.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St John the Baptist Church, Cleveland Road, Islington deposited by the Vicar of St Stephen's Church, Canonbury Road in the Greater London Record Office, 6 March 1975.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.