Reference code(s): GB 0074 P84/MAA
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, LADBROKE GROVE: KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.76 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Michael and All Angels, Ladbroke Grove | Church of England
The Church of Saint Michael and All Angels, Ladbroke Grove, was designed by Mr. John Dewdney Cowland in a 'Rhineland Romanesque' style and built of brick with terracotta, red Mansfield and Forest of Dean stone dressings, seating 900, 200 of which were free. It was consecrated on 17 May 1871.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Michael and All Angels, Ladbroke Grove, including baptism, marriage, banns and confirmation registers; church services registers; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; correspondence; electoral rolls; financial records and accounts; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in September 1998.
Notting Hill in Bygone Days (Florence Gladstone & Ashley Barker) LMA Library reference 92.11(NOT); and A Guide to the Parish Churches of London (Charles Mackerson) LMA Library reference 53.0.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.