Reference code(s): GB 0074 P95/CTC2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CHRIST CHURCH, CLAPHAM: UNION GROVE, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.9 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of Christ Church, Clapham | Church of England
The parish of Christ Church was created from part of the parish of Holy Trinity, Clapham Common North Side (P95/TRI1). The church was designed by the architect Benjamin Ferrey and was built 1861-1862. The Vicarage was designed by George Edmund Street.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Christ Church, Union Grove, Clapham, including registers of baptisms, marriages and confirmations; registers of church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Vicar of St John the Evangelist, Clapham, Priest-in-Charge of Christ Church, Clapham, in the Greater London Record Office, 25 July 1977. Record P95/CTC2/59 deposited by the Incumbent in March 1993.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.