Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/ALL2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALL SAINTS, TUFNELL PARK: TYTHERTON ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.20 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Tufnell Park | Church of England
All Saints Church was constructed at the corner of Dalmeny Road and Tytherton Road, Tufnell Park, in 1884-1885, designed by J.E.K. Cutts. It originated in a mission church opened by the church of Saint Matthew in 1881. A parish was assigned in 1886, taken from the parishes of Saint John, Upper Holloway, and Saint George, Tufnell Park. The church was badly damaged by enemy action in 1941and 1944; it was later restored and rededicated. The church was closed in 1983. The parish was united with Saint George's, Crayford Road to form the united parish of Saint George and All Saints, Tufnell Park.
From: 'Islington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 88-99.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of All Saints, Tufnell Park, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns and confirmations; registers of church services; papers relating to changing parish boundaries; papers relating to the maintenance of the church building and the Hocking Memorial Hall; financial records; Parochial Church Council and Vestry minute books; and volume containing copies of documents relating to the creation of the parish and parish events.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Archdeacon of Hackney, on 23 March, 25 May and 16 November 1984.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.