Reference code(s): GB 0074 P89/TMS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT THOMAS, SAINT MARYLEBONE: PORTMAN SQUARE, WESTMINSTER
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.59 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Thomas, Portman Square | Church of England
The parish of Saint Thomas was created from the parish of Saint Marylebone, Marylebone Road (P89/TMS). Philip Hardwick designed the church in the Gothic style. The consecration took place on 7 July 1858. After 1930 Saint Peter's Chapel (P89/PET) took over as the parish church of the united benefice. The church was demolished in 1931.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Thomas, Portman Square, St Marylebone, comprising registers of baptisms, registers of marriages and Vestry books.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Rector of All Souls, Langham Place, 11 March 1966 and 6 December 1967.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.