Reference code(s): GB 0074 P83/MTS
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MATTHIAS, CALEDONIAN ROAD: CALEDONIAN ROAD, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.59 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Matthias, Caledonian Road, Islington | Church of England
Saint Matthias' Church was built as a chapel of ease to Saint Luke, West Holloway in 1868. It became a district parish in 1886 and was consecrated on 14 January 1886. In 1956 the parish was united with Saint Andrew, Thornhill Square and Saint Matthias became a chapel of ease to Saint Andrew's.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Matthias, Caledonian Road, Islington, including registers of baptisms, marriages and confirmations; registers of preachers and church services; minute books of Vestry and Parochial Church Council meetings; Churchwardens' financial accounts; papers relating to repairs to the church buildings, and photographs of the church.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the vicar in September 1967. Further records deposited December 1979 and June 1983.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.