Reference code(s): GB 0074 P97/JN
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT JOHN, WOOLWICH: WELLINGTON STREET, GREENWICH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.91 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St John, Woolwich | Church of England
Saint John's was constructed in 1845-47. The benefice was united with Saint Mary's (P97/MRY) in 1939 and the church was closed. It was destroyed by enemy action during the Second World War.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint John, Wellington Street, Woolwich, including registers of baptisms and marriages; Parochial Church Council minutes; and administrative papers.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited by the Rector of St Mary's Woolwich, 11 November 1965.
For more information see: http://www.southwark.anglican.org/parishes/.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.