Reference code(s): GB 0074 P88/STE2
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT STEPHEN, TREDEGAR ROAD: TREDEGAR ROAD, TOWER HAMLETS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.08 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Stephen, Bow | Church of England
Saint Stephen's, Tredegar Road, Bow, was constructed in 1858. The church was destroyed by bombing during the Second World War and the parish was united with the parish of Saint Paul, Old Ford (P88/PAU) in July 1961. The church of Saint Paul became the parish church of the united parish.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Stephen, Tredegar Road, Bow, including registers of baptisms, marriages and banns; and Centenary Festival brochure.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Parish records deposited by the incumbent, 12 November 1986.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.