Reference code(s): GB 0074 P91/MRK
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARK, SHOREDITCH: OLD STREET, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.18 linear metres (combined extent of LMA and former Guildhall collections).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Mark, Old Street, Shoreditch | Church of England
The church of Saint Mark, was situated on the corner of Old Street and City Road. It was constructed in 1848, to designs by Benjamin Ferrey. It was closed in 1937 and the parish was merged, partly with the parish of Saint Leonard's and partly with the parish of Saint Michael's, Shoreditch.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Mark, Old Street, Shoreditch, comprising registers of baptisms, marriages and banns.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in 1966. Records MS07778 and MS07779 were in the Guildhall Manuscripts Collections, transferred to LMA when the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with LMA in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.