Reference code(s): GB 0074 P91/COL
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT COLUMBA, HAGGERSTON: KINGSLAND ROAD, HACKNEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.78 linear metres (162 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Columba, Haggerston | Church of England
Saint Columba's began as a temporary church situated in Fleming Street from April 1864. The foundation stone for the permanent church was laid in April 1967 and the church was consecrated in July 1869. The church was declared redundant in 1975 on the union of the parish with that of Saint Anne, Hoxton.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Columba, Kingston Road, Haggerston, including registers of baptisms, marriages, and banns; marriage licences; church service registers; records relating to parish boundaries and the benefice; papers relating to the maintenance of the church fabric including correspondence, photographs, plans and designs; papers relating to the church hall; financial records; papers relating to parish charities and societies; parish magazines and year books.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in May 1967, June 1981 and November 1983.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2010.