Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0090
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: TEDDINGTON ENCLOSURE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Unknown.
Teddington common was part of Hounslow Heath. It was situated to the west of Park Road and Stanley Road. When enclosed in 1800 it comprised 450 acres.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 66-69.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records relating to enclosure in Teddington, comprising copy of a Private Act of Parliament (39 George III, Cap. 101) for dividing and otherwise improving all the Common Fields, Commons, Wastes and other Commonable lands and grounds within the Manor, Parish of Teddington, Middlesex, 1799.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in March 1938.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.