Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/040
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CENTENARY CLUB
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 4 production units.
Name of creator(s): Centenary Club | dining society
Founded as the Friendly Society or Club but known as the Centenary Club from 1795, it was a dining club which met successively at the Castle, Paternoster Row, the Half Moon, Cheapside and the London coffee house, Ludgate hill. Many of the club's members held civic office in the City of London.
Scope and content/abstract:
Registers of members of the Centenary Club dining society, 1695-1872.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Registers arranged in chronological order.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
These volumes were donated to Guildhall Library in 1898. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.