Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2569
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WEST LONDON RIFLES
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): 4th Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps x West London Rifles
The 4th Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps were founded in 1860. They were known as the 'West London Rifles'. As their headquarters were in Kensington, this was changed to the 'Kensington Rifles' in 1905. In 1908 they became the 13th (Kensington) Battalion, part of the London Regiment of the Territorial Force Association.
Scope and content/abstract:
Year books of the West London Rifles (4th Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps), giving details of parades, drills, and camps. Also copy of the will of Mrs Harriet Urquhart, wife of William Urquhart of 111 Riversdale Road, Highbury.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
ACC/2569/001-003: Year books; ACC/2569/004: Will.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records donated by Mr G Mead, 17 Hollingbury Park Avenue, Brighton, BN1 7JG, 4 May 1988.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.