Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/151
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ST BRIDE FOUNDATION INSTITUTE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: Three production units.
Name of creator(s): St Bride Foundation Institute
The Saint Bride Foundation Institute was formed in 1891. It provided technical classes in letterpress printing and lithography, and an extensive library on the subject of printing and book making. The classes were moved to the London College of Printing, but the library is still situated off Fleet Street.
Scope and content/abstract:
Leases relating to properties owned by the St Bride Foundation Institute, in Stonecutter Street, Fleet Market, Farringdon Street, Fountain Court, Shoe Lane, Salisbury Court and St Bride's Churchyard.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Three files of leases.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section, which merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.