Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0246
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ROYAL SPELTHORNE VOLUNTEER INFANTRY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.04 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Royal Spelthorne Volunteer Infantry
Spelthorne was one of the Middlesex Hundreds, containing the parishes of Ashfrod, East Bedfont, Feltham, Hampton, Hanworth, Laleham, Littleton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington and Shepperton. The hundred was held by the Crown.
1805 was during the Napoleonic Wars when many militia forces and volunteer forces were formed to participate in the war effort.
Prince William, the third son of King George the Third, was made Duke of Clarence in 1789. From 1797 he lived in Bushy House, Teddington, as ranger of Bushy Park. He became King William IV in 1830.
Scope and content/abstract:
Return of volunteers of the Royal Spelthorne Volunteer Infantry; giving the number of companies, the number in each rank and the number of 'effectives'. Signed by William, Duke of Clarence, Colonel, Bushy House Headquarters.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One document catalogued as ACC/0246/001.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Record deposited in 1946.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.