Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/1035
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: BISHOP WINNINGTON INGRAM SCHOOL, RUISLIP
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.45 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Bishop Winnington-Ingram Church of England Primary School x Ruislip Church School
Ruislip Church School was founded in 1812. In 1862 the school was moved to a permanent building in Eastcote Road. A new, enlarged building was constructed on the same site and opened by Bishop Winnington-Ingram in 1931 (when the school was renamed). In 1968 the school moved to a larger site on Southcote Rise.
Information from http://www.bwi.org.uk/ (accessed August 2010).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Ruislip Church School, later the Bishop Winnington-Ingram Church of England Primary School; including minute books of the managers; general correspondence and administration; inspector's reports; papers relating to the maintenance of the school building including plans and correspondence; and papers relating to the appointment of staff.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
ACC/1035/001-008: Minute books;
ACC/1035/023-027: Staff and pupils;
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in February 1969.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.