Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/024
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ANGLO-GERMAN FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1 production unit.
Name of creator(s): Anglo-German Family History Society
The church of Holy Trinity the Less was first mentioned in 1258, but was destroyed in the 1666 Great Fire of London. The site of the church was purchased by Jacob Jacobsen, master of the Hanseatic merchants whose trading centre, the Steelyard, was nearby. He constructed a church for German Lutheran services. The church was rebuilt in 1773 but was demolished in 1867 as part of the construction of Queen Victoria Street.
Scope and content/abstract:
Index of the register, 1669-1849, of the Hamburg Lutheran Church on the site of Holy Trinity the Less. The index was compiled by Mrs Pam Freeman and Len Metzner of the Anglo-German Family History Society.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One item catalogued as CLC/024/MS28929.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section, which merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
See CLC/189 and ACC/2622 for records of the Hamburg Lutheran Church.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: June to August 2010.