Reference code(s): GB 0074 O/325
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Various.
The church of Saint John the Evangelist, Kensal Green, was constructed in 1844. It was originally a detached portion of Chelsea parish, but a separate parish was assigned in 1845 taken from parts of the neighbouring parishes. A chancel was added in 1903.
Scope and content/abstract:
This collection consists of licenses for marriage at Saint John, Kensal Green.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Documents arranged in chronological order.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Donated to the Archive in September 1970 by Mrs K. Pengelley.
For the records of Saint John, Kensal Green, see P87/JNE2.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: August to October 2010.