Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/347
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CHURCH OF THE HOLY GHOST, GENOA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1 production unit.
Name of creator(s): Church of the Holy Ghost | Genoa, Italy
The Bishop of London was held to exercise responsibility for Anglican churches overseas where no other bishop had been appointed. He retained responsibility for churches in northern and central Europe until 1980, but his jurisdiction in southern Europe ceased in 1842 on the creation of the diocese of Gibraltar. In 1980, the Bishop of London divested himself of all overseas jurisdiction and a new diocese of 'Gibraltar in Europe' was established.
The Church of the Holy Ghost, Genoa was consecrated on 4 June 1872.
Scope and content/abstract:
Service register for the Church of the Holy Ghost, Genoa, Italy.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library by the Diocese of Gibraltar in Europe in January 2000. It was catalogued by a member of Guildhall Library staff in 2000. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
See also DL/E/A to DL/E/E for papers relating to the Diocese of London Overseas Jurisdiction; CLC/318 for the Diocese in Europe and CLC/319 for the Diocese of Gibraltar.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: August to October 2010.