Reference code(s): GB 0074 E/PAD
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PADDINGTON ESTATE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.09 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Manor of Paddington x Paddington Estate
The manor of Paddington, formerly held by Westminster Abbey, became in 1550 one of the estates of the Bishop of London. Thereafter the Bishop leased out the estate. An Act of 1795 permitted the granting of building leases and thus the gradual development of the estate. It reverted to the Church Commissioners in 1953. The records were created following the 1795 Act.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Paddington Estate comprising a survey of the estate and rentals and financial accounts of the estate trustees.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Documents in chronological order.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in February 1955.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: August to October 2010.