Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/174
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MARSHALLS, ESSEX (MANOR)
Level of description: Collection
Extent: One production item.
Name of creator(s): Manor of Marshalls | Essex
The manor of Marshalls was part of the manor of North Weald. The Lord of North Weald granted land to the Mareschal family, from whom the name Marshalls derives. The manor subsequently passed through many owners. At the date of the document in this collection the manor was owned by Sir William Fitzwilliam, a merchant tailor from Bread Street, London.
Scope and content/abstract:
Court roll of the manor of Marshalls, in North Weald Bassett, Essex, 1519-36; with (at back) pen and ink drawing of the Great Garner at Leadenhall and the "chapel of St Michael on the East" (Leadenhall chapel?), by William Wright, 1539.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section, which merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: August to October 2010.