Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/190
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HARE COURT INDEPENDENT CHURCH, ALDERSGATE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1 production unit.
Name of creator(s): Hare Court Congregational Church x Harecourt United Reformed Church
The church was founded in 1648 by Rev George Cokayn. On his ejection from St Pancras Soper Lane in 1660, he moved with a number of the congregation to Redcross Street and again in 1692 to Hare Court. In 1857 the church merged with the St Paul's Congregational Church, Canonbury. It is now Harecourt United Reformed Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Hare Court Independent Church, Aldersgate, comprising letters relating to hiring a new minister.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
One file of documents.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section, which merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
For more records of the Hare Court Congregational Church see LMA/4093.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: August to October 2010.