Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/B/019
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: B HOOPER AND COMPANY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 22 production units.
Name of creator(s): B Hooper and Co | manufacturing chemists
This firm of dispensing and manufacturing chemists was founded in 1831 by Bartlett Hooper. In 1881 the name was changed to Bartlett Hooper and Company, and in 1892 to B. Hooper and Company. It had branches at 43 King William Street (which closed in ca. 1909) and 6 Railway Place, Fenchurch Street. The firm closed in 1973.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of B Hooper and Company, manufacturing chemists, including ledger, order, invoices, prescription books, formula book and labels for products.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged by MS number, assigned during cataloguing at the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The company's archives were donated to the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library in 2005. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: November 2010 to January 2011.