Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/0455
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WATSON, Charles (fl 1815)
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear metres (28 documents).
Name of creator(s): Various.
The Goldsmith's Company held estates in East Acton which they acquired in 1682. The estate comprised a house, farmhouses, cottages, and several acres of land. The Company leased out the house, as evidenced by document ACC/0455/001, a lease from the company to Charles Watson. In the twentieth century the Company sold off most of the land and demolished the house.
From: 'Acton: Manors and other estates', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 16-23 (available online).
Scope and content/abstract:
Records relating to property ownership, including lease of the Goldsmith's estates in East Acton and leases of premises in Chiswick, Enfield, Heston, Highgate, Sunbury, and Kilburn. Also marriage settlements and lease and release of plantations in Antigua and St Christopher's [St Kitts] with lists of slaves.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
ACC/0455/001 to ACC/0455/028.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in April 1952.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to May 2011.