Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/B/227-116
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: LIGHTNING (FIRM)
Level of description: Collection
Extent: One production unit.
Name of creator(s): Lightning | magazine for the electrical trade
A magazine entitled Lightning was established in 1891, based initially at Faraday House, Charing Cross Road. At the end of 1891 it moved to 117 Bishopsgate Street. By 1900 it was based at 18 Bream's Buildings. From January 1902 it was titled the Electrical Times, the name it continues under to date (2011). It described itself as the newspaper for 'engineers and technical management'.
Scope and content/abstract:
Board minutes relating to production of the trade magazine Lightning.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section, which merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to May 2011.